Two days down – three to go! The Digital HR Innovation Week is now well underway, so let’s take a quick look back at some of the main sessions, themes, and topics we discussed on the second day of the event!
Day two commenced with a detailed session from Mark Mortensen, Associate Professor, INSEAD on Connected – Getting the Best Out of Organizations, Teams and People in the Digital Age. Mark suggests that while the modern pre-occupation with collaboration and flexible teaming structures is very important, we must all be careful not to over-commit ourselves to a ‘multi-teaming’ environment that can stretch the employees thin. He argues that walking a fine line between technological upgrades, agility, teaming, and collaboration will therefore be a central challenge for HR professionals now and in the near future.
Following Mark’s opening session was a presentation by Jochen Mueller, the VP HR Europe at UPS on Learning and Talent in the Age of Digital, AI, and Agility. In this session, Jochen outlined the business case for UPS’ technological transformation, and subsequently the pressures this places on the workforce. He argues that HR’s responses must be informed by a sober acknowledgement of technological realities of the day (robotics, AI, automation), but ultimately driven by the fundamental need to serve employees, build career paths, and potential workforce continuity.
Next up was a practical session on Transforming Work – Novartis’ Operations Simplification, by Viviane Minden, the Change and Communication Head, eOS at Novartis. In her session, Viviane explored a case study on how Novartis has begun to transform how both HR and the organisation operates and interfaces with the use of a new HCM technology. She also explored the importance of actualising mindset shifts when approaching large scale change initiatives, and how to communicate these changes to both internal and external stakeholders.
Following Viviane, we featured a session from Aisling Teillard, the CEO of TandemHR Solutions on the topic of Transforming Leadership Practices for an Agile Culture: A New Toolkit to Drive Feedback and Engagement. In her session, Aisling demonstrated–with the use of data–the contemporary social and economic factors that are forcing organisations and business leaders to adapt the way they engage employees in an uncertain world where agility and adaptability are considered essential.
The day was closed with a timely presentation on Creating a Crisis Proof EX Playbook, by Mark Levy, the former Global Head of Employee Experience at Airbnb. Mark’s experience in moving Airbnb from a common framework for HR towards a more holistic EX-centric environment, is a fascinating example of how to flatten work structures, how to fuse your internal and external brands, get support from leadership, and how to work internally to make the changes last!
What can you look forward to tomorrow?
- 15:15 – 15:45 – Augmented Talent – Harnessing the Cognitive Capital of People at Work, by Ade McCormack, Founder, Digital Readiness Institute
- 15:45 – 16:15 – Listen. Learn. Lead. – Proven Actions to Engage People in Times of Uncertainty and Disruption, by Axel Schiphof, Senior Engagement Specialist, Effectory
- 16:15 – 16:45 – Our Playbook Towards a More Employee Driven Organisation, by Luuk Sombezki, EX Lead & HR Strategy Consultant, ABN AMRO
- 16:45 – 17:15 – Employee Experience – Driving Thriving Engagement and Culture in Today’s Volatile Times, by Alexandra Eichberger, VP Change & HR Excellence, Magenta Telekom
- 17:15 – 17:45 – Partnering for Success – Accelerating the Digital Transformation Process Necessary to Achieve Strategic Objectives, by Sergio Caredda, Senior Director – Human Resources, Global Digital Transformation Leader, VF Corporation
- 17:45 – 18:15 – People Also Make the Difference in Innovation Management, by Peter Daels, Managing Director, INNDUCE.me
- 18:15 – 18:30 – Innovate or Die – How to Build an Innovation Team to Survive the Future, by Peter Daels, Managing Director, INNDUCE.me
Make sure you join us for the remaining days of the event, as we feature 15+ further sessions dedicated to exploring the critical topics impacting HR, digital HR innovation, and organisations today. Sign up here for free!